If you’re interested in making a hair donation:
- Make sure hair is a minimum of 12 inches. Pull curly hair straight for a more accurate measurement.
- Hair must be clean and dry.
- Hair cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted. Temporary coloring or highlights that washout are acceptable.
- Tie hair into at least four sections (six are even better) around the head for a more generous donation. Hair that is pulled into one ponytail or braid results in a loss of up to four inches of hair. To do so, first make a center part. Starting from this center part, part the hair over the top of each ear. This will create four sections of hair. To create four ponytails, tie the hair in front of each ear into ponytails, and then tie the hair behind each ear into ponytails.
- Make sure each ponytail or braid is tightly secured. Hair that is loosely wrapped tends to become loose when shipped, making it unusable. PLEASE be sure hair is tight and secured with several rubber bands.
- Cut hair above rubber band
- Place the hair in a plastic bag or wrap it in tissue paper.
- Mail the hair in a sealed envelope (special containers or insurance are not necessary) to
WIGS FOR KIDS
24231 Center Ridge Rd
Westlake, OH 44145